Monday, October 29, 2012

My Friends' Magnificence


My dreams always surprise me but one of last night's dreams asked me to go to a website where people discuss what they would do if they had only one hour left to live! So I did Google up the idea this morning and was further surprised to see how much more has been written on it than I had imagined.

The most common reading reference was to a book with the title “An Hour to Live, an Hour to Love,” by Richard Carlson, the author of the “Don't Sweat the Small Stuff” series, with his wife.

And the most common among the fifty to seventy-five answers that I read was communicating with loved ones. Most respondents would spend that last hour with loved ones.

My own personal thought about what I would do in my last hour is to do what I do almost every single waking moment now, which is to try to write down something for my loved ones, something that would enable them to share my perception of their magnificence.

No comments:

Post a Comment