Monday, December 31, 2012

The End of 2012


Here are the two realities, best and worst, that are most on my mind now, at the end of this very big year.

Nicolas Kivilinna, Bringer of Happiness:





And then there is this truth, below, and all that it implies. I have learned over the course of my seventy-one years, particularly during the last two years, that there are certain definite things about which I am right but about which only a very few people will agree. For example, I believe it is clear sign of insanity to own a yacht as long as there is one child in my community (which in my case is this world) who needs medical/dental care and food and shelter. Very few, as I say, will agree with me on this and yet I am absolutely certain that I am right. And here is one more undeniable truth:

No comments:

Post a Comment