Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Reminders by Cenk Uygur, President Obama, and The Medical Industry

I woke up this morning with an old familiar question in mind: Why is it I so easily lose sight of how backwards, upside down, the situation is?

Cenk Uygur's column
Cenk Uygur
on Brian Williams and the Media a couple days ago is what caused the question to be in my mind during the night. His column is well worth reading. It's like President Obama's recent talk on the ghastly history and Pride of so many people who have considered themselves to be “Christians.”

The remarks by Cenk and the President are obviously and undeniably true. But, as Mark Twain put it, we are able to stumble over the truth, then get up and run along as if nothing had happened.

These two reminders of the absurdity, or whatever it should be called – the insanity? - are just the easiest examples that come to mind immediately right now. I've also been dealing with the medical industry during the past weeks, too, and have had to go through the reawakening for the umpteenth time to the reality that we are more likely to be harmed by it than helped by it.

I don't admire insanity, I don't like it, and I believe it's destructive to everyone who does it. Better just to go ahead and to die than to participate in it, I say, and then, at that very point, I become just so grateful and pleased that I have been allowed to live as long as I have, without having been killed or even being put in prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment